- Distinguished Professor Emerita, Department of Nutrition
- Ph.D., Biological Sciences, University of Michigan
Dr. Dewey´s research area is community and international nutrition, with an emphasis on maternal and child nutrition. Current topics of investigation include:
- Interventions to prevent malnutrition in developing countries (such as the use of lipid-based nutrient supplements), particularly among children under two and pregnant and lactating women
- Iron status of infants and young children
- Cross-cultural comparison of early lactation success and risk factors for breastfeeding difficulties
- Influence of infant feeding practices on infant intake, growth and fatness, and subsequent risk of child overweight
Dr. Dewey was the Director of the Program in International & Community Nutrition from 2007 – 2018.