- Assistant Professor, UCSF Dept. of Pediatrics
- Assistant Visiting Researcher, Department of Nutrition
- BSc in Food, Nutrition and Health, University of British Columbia, Canada
- Dietetic Internship, Hospital for Sick Children, Canada
- MSc in Food Policy and Applied Nutrition, Tufts University
- ScD in Nutritional Epidemiology, Harvard University
Dr. McDonald’s research is primarily based in global health nutrition with an emphasis on the design and evaluation of interventions to prevent and treat maternal and child undernutrition in resource-limited settings. Specific topics of interest include: zinc nutrition, child growth and development, and environmental enteric dysfunction.